Saturday, April 4, 2009

Everything belongs in my mouth







So, Camille is going through the stage where every thing she sees goes in her mouth, I swear it's a was of discovering what the object is. It can be very scary though, So the other day Darin and I were in the kitchen spraying for ants and we did not want her to come in so, we blocked off one side of the kitchen and gave her some toys to play with in the other room. Camille was being good and entertaining her self well, we would check on her every so often to make sure she was OK. Well after a while she came crawling into the kitchen from the opposite side where we did not block it off and in her hand was a sharp edged piece of wood, right away I took the wood away and noticed she had wood chips around her mouth, I finger swiped her mouth and found a small chunk of wood that she was chewing on. I was very thankful she crawled into the kitchen when she did. the thought of her falling on the sharp wood or choking on the chunk in her mouth makes me sick to my stomach. It was a blessing such a blessing. I have made sure I do a thuro sweep now before I even let her play on the ground.

No comments: